- Castro-Kemp, S. & Palikara, O. (under review). An EHC plan that works: Six principles for an Education Health and Care plan template in England (and statutory documents worldwide).
- Moffa, K., Dowdy, E., Wagle, R., Dougherty, D., Palikara, O., Castro, S. & Furlong, M. (in press). The Me and My School Questionnaire: Examining the Cross-Cultural Validity of a Children’s Self-Report Mental Health Measure. International Journal of School & Educational Psychology.
- Castro-Kemp, S., Palikara, O., Gaona, C., Eirinaki, V. & Furlong, M. (under review). Psychological sense of school membership predicts patterns of socio-emotional health in primary school children in England. School Mental Health.
- Castro-Kemp, S., Palikara, O., & Grande, C. (in press). Status Quo and inequalities of the statutory provision for young children in England, 40 years on from Warnock. Frontiers in Education: Special Educational Needs.
- Gaona, C., Castro, S., Palikara, O. (2019). The views and aspirations of young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their provision in the new Education Health and Care plans in England. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- Castro, S., Grande, C., & Palikara, O. (2019). Evaluating the quality of outcomes defined for children with Education Health and Care plans in England: A local picture with global implications. Research in developmental disabilities, 86, 41-52. Doi:10.1016/j.ridd.2019.01.003
- Gaona, C., Palikara, O. & Castro, S. (2018). ‘I’m ready for a new chapter’: The voices of young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders in transition to post-16 education and employment. British Journal of Educational Research.
- Castro, S., Palikara, O., Gaona, C. & Eirinaki, V. (2018). ‘No policy is an island’: How the ICF international classification system may support local education planning in England. Disability & Rehabilitation. doi:10.1080/09638288.2018.1529828
- Pinto, A., Grande, C. Coelho, V. Castro, S., Granlund, M. & Bjork-Akesson, E. (2018). Beyond diagnosis: The relevance of social interactions for participation in inclusive preschool settings. Developmental neurorehabilitation. doi:10.1080/17518423.2018.1526225
- Wagle, R., Dowdy, E., Yang, C., Palikara, O., Castro, S., Nylund-Gibson, K. & Furlong, M. (2018). Preliminary Investigation of the Psychological Sense of School Membership Scale with Primary School Students in a Cross-Cultural Context. School Psychology International. Doi: 1177/0143034318803670
- Palikara, O., Castro, S., Gaona, C., & Eirinaki, V. (2018). Capturing the voices of children in the Education Health and Care plans: are we there yet? In Frontiers in Education (Vol. 3, p. 24). Frontiers. Doi: 3389/feduc.2018.00024 DOWNLOAD
- Palikara, O., Castro, S., Gaona, C. & Eirinaki, V. (2018). Professionals’ views on the new policy for Special Educational Needs in England: ideology versus implementation. European Journal of Special Needs Education. doi: 10.1080/08856257.2018.1451310
- Castro, S., & Palikara, O. (2016). Mind the Gap: The New Special Educational Needs and Disability Legislation in England. In Frontiers in Education (Vol. 1, p. 4). Doi: 3389/feduc.2016.00004 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., & Grande, C. (2016). Linking the early development instrument with the ICF-CY. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 1-13. Doi: 1080/20473869.2016.1199112 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., & Pretis, M. (2016). Original article: The application of the ICF-CY core set in the early intervention in infants with autism spectrum disorders. Early intervention interdisciplinary, 35 (3), 146-154.
- Castro, S., Granlund, M., & Almqvist, L. (2015). The relationship between classroom quality-related variables and engagement levels in Swedish preschool classrooms: a longitudinal study. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, 1-14. Doi: 1080/1350293X.2015.1102413 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., & Pinto, A. (2015). Matrix for assessment of activities and participation: Measuring functioning beyond diagnosis in young children with disabilities. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 18(3), 177-189. DOI: 10.3109/17518423.2013.806963 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., Coelho, V., & Pinto, A. (2014). Identification of functional domains in developmental measures: An ICF-CY analysis of Griffiths developmental scales and Schedule of Growing Skills II. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 1-7. Doi: 3109/17518423.2014.948638 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., Pinto, A. & Simeonsson, R. (2014). Content Analysis of Portuguese Individualized Education Programs for Young Children with Autism using the ICF-CY framework. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, Vol.22 (1): 91-104 DOI: 10.1080/1350293X.2012.704303 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., Ferreira, T., Dababnah, S., & Pinto, A. (2013). Linking autism measures with the ICF-CY: Functionality beyond the borders of diagnosis and Interrater agreement issues. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. Vol. 16 (5):321-331. doi:10.3109/17518423.2012.733438 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., & Pinto, A. (2013). Identification of core functioning features for assessment and intervention in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Disability & Rehabilitation. Vol.35(2):125-133. DOI: 10.3109/09638288.2012.690494 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., Pinto, A. I., & Maia, M. (2011). Linking the Carolina Curriculum for Preschoolers with Special Needs to the ICF-CY. British Journal of Developmental Disabilities, Vol.52 Part 2, no. 113, pp.131-144. DOI:10.1179/096979511798967043 DOWNLOAD
- Castro, S., & Palikara, O. (Eds.). (2017). An Emerging Approach for Education and Care: Implementing a Worldwide Classification of Functioning and Disability. Routledge. IBSN:978-1-13869817-8
- Castro, S., Palikara, O., (2017). Introducing the ICF in the Education Health and Care planning process in England. In Castro, S., Palikara, O., (Eds). An Emerging Approach for Education and Care: Implementing a Worldwide Classification of Functioning and Disability. Routledge. IBSN:978-1-13869817-8
- Coelho, V., Castro, S., Grande, C. & Pinto, A.I. (2017). A step-by-step model for assessment-intervention processes. In Castro, S. & Palikara, O. An Emerging Approach for Education and Care: implementing a worldwide classification of functioning and disability. London: Routledge. IBSN:978-1-13869817-8
- Castro, S., Lewis, S., & Simeonsson, R. J. (2012). Chapter 21 – General Tasks and demands. In Majnemer, A. (Ed.). Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities: An ICF-CY Approach. Mac Keith Press. ISBN: 978-1-908316-45-5.