I am a trained instructor on the International Classification of Functioning Disability and Health (ICF; WHO, 2001), having led more than 20 continuous professional development courses in this topic worldwide, and for a range of professionals (teachers, special education professionals, therapists, psychologists, paediatricians and researchers).
Together with colleagues from Roehampton university, I have also delivered a number of trainings on how to apply the ICF to the development of Education, Health and Care plans in England, such as for Childbase Partnership and Pre-school Learning Alliance.
I have given a number of talks, led workshops and short-courses for individual schools or groups of schools in England and abroad.
Do get in touch (Susana.Castro@roehampton.ac.uk) if you would like to have inset on:
- International Classification of Functioning Disability and Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Children’s Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Parent-professional partnerships
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Goal-setting and outcome design
- Education, health and care plans
- Early childhood assessment and intervention